Pages

Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Writing a Recount Introduction

We are learning to write an introduction for a recount.

What does it need?  Together we came up with a success criteria:

  • we will tell, who, what, when, why, where, how
  • we will use capital letters at the beginning of sentences
  • we will use fullstops at the end of sentences
  • we will use past tense
  • we will use first person (I, we, me)
  • we will use an interesting and impacting first sentence to capture the audiences' interest.
So, do you think we have met our criteria?  Have a read at what the students have written so far.


Eww!  Yuck!  What was she thinking?  I looked at what Ms. Mannix had put on the plate.  I was shocked in terror.  Our group of six were scared that Ms. Mannix was going to poison us!
Ella

Bang!  An explosion of death-defying flavours hit the back of your throat!  Ms. Mannix, the torturer, gathered food from hell.  We were stuck in a small room.  Who was first?  Matt, Ella, Gideon, Chelsea, Ethan or me?  She gave us some 'drum' sticks.  How were we going to eat with them?  I thought, "If these are my last words, I have died on Tuesday 21 July at Broadgreen."
Shaun

Disgusting!  Did I eat that?  Our group of six had the delightful chance to try four disgusting foods from Asia.  I was starting to think Ms. Mannix didn't like us.
Chelsea

I opened the door, my knees shaking.  I look at the food that was uncovered, my taste buds were going to blow... 3, 2, 1... bang!  This looked like a dogs breakfast.  Did she expect us to eat that?  The six of us thought Ms. Mannix was going to murder with food.  I always suspected it but never knew until then.
Ethan

Gross.  Those dried anchovies were disgusting.  Most of our group was scared.  Ms. Mannix uncovered the plate with the paper towel on Tuesday the 21st of July at Broadgreen.  "Why are we doing this?" I thought to myself.  "How much money did she spend on us?  Is she trying to murder me with food?"
Gideon

Welcome to the emotion roller coaster that will destroy and revive your taste buds! ...
To be completed soon
Matt

0 comments:

Post a Comment