Pages

Powered by Blogger.

Monday, June 8, 2015

Creative Writing.....

QUESTIONING: What questions come to mind when you see this image? List your questions in your reading journal.

What would this journey be like??!  Would you be scared?  Here is what the students came up with for a short story, staring with....

"I sat on my bike and looked..."


I felt scared.  "I don't wanna do this," I said to myself.
I looked down where it was going to end.  Is there water?  Am I going to fall off?  I pushed off with my shaking feet.  I went over the bumps, the track never ended.  I started to go sliding off my seat.  My hands were frozen from the cold air.  I jammed the brake on and my back wheel stopped.  I flew over my handle bars and slammed on the slide.

Ella


I saw my dad behind me.  He said, "Come on!"  So I took a big breath and closed my eyes.  I pushed the pedal and.... I started screaming, super-loud like a jet.  I was also going super fast like a jet.  After two and a half minutes and halfway down, I was still screaming.  BANG!!!  I'm in bed, screaming still but I stop.  I go back to sleep.

Matt


I started leaning forwards and my bike started moving.  I screamed, "I'm going down!"
As I went down the people up the top started putting bubbles down the slide.  I looked down.  I started feeling like I was going to throw up.  I leaned to the side and threw up over the edge.  When I saw the bottom there was water.  I started freaking out.  I fell in the water.   My brain finally stopped going round and round.

Chelsea


I felt dizzy as I fell down the slide.  The cold mist air hit me in the face as I released the pink old rusty bike.  After three minutes I reached the bottom.  Then the bike hit my head, flew into an old tree and hugged it.  In the end I broke both legs and my right arm.

Shaun


I felt scared.  What will happen when I get to the bottom?  What is at the bottom, in fact?  Just then, I heard someone running to me.  "Stop!!" I screamed but I said it too late.  I was already going down the slide at 150 miles an hour.  
"Help!" I screamed.

Ethan


I sat on my bike and looked for any chance of death.  Looking down for so long was bad and I closed my eyes and let go of he brakes.  The first jump came and I landed it with a big THUD!  After that, the second jump came and I lost my bike, so I activated my parachute.  I floated down safely and landed.

Gideon

0 comments:

Post a Comment